Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Little Chapel




April 5, 1963...my wedding day! Bill and I were married here 44 years ago when it was owned by Centenary Methodist Church. The MYF (Youth Fellowship) met in this chapel for many years until it was sold and became a historical landmark. Everytime I go and visit family in Lawton I always drive around and take lots of pictures (I think I got that from Anna!). My sister Linda took me all over and we saw Texas longhorn, buffalo and lots of rain!! I had a wonderful visit and miss them already. Love to you all...

9 comments:

Anna said...

I recognize that church! It is so quaint.

I sure am glad that you all met, got hitched (as they say in the West) and accidentally had kid number three!

Thanks you two!

:)

PS...my better half thanks you too!

kenju said...

I'm glad too! I like all your children, Alice. That is a very quaint church. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with your family.

Linda said...

"West" what? I'm thinking you mean those people in Wyoming or Montana. Us Okies get "marred".

Did they tell you that you were an "accident"? You weren't an accident, you were a blessing.

P.S. I was the "last blessing" in my family too! Love, Linda

Bill said...

Wow, talk about de-ja vu. Does that mean we're on the Historic Register? Probably.

Come to think of it life is full of "accidental blessings". Anna, don't think of yourself as being an accident. Just that you were ahead of schedule (ours but not God's).

Anna said...

I feel so much more secure now everyone...thanks!
Linda, John and I were both the third child as well...that must have been why we were attracted to eachother! :)

Bill said...

Mom and I were both the middle chidren. Maybe there's something to that.

Unknown said...

Beautiful little chapel! Congratulations on 44 years of wedded bliss.

Unknown said...

accident n. 1. a chance event bringing distress--that was me too! And number three and last!

Anna said...

That definition is right on Tim! :) HAHAHA!