Friday, June 22, 2007

My Family - Lawton, OK

Hello from Lawton! I'm here visiting my dad, sister Linda and brother Arthur for the next few days. I was born in Kinston, NC but I grew up here where my dad was stationed for most of his military career. God has blessed me with a wonderful family here and I cherish all of them so much. My dad is doing very well for his 88 years. Linda who I lovingly call my "favorite sister" is my best friend. And, my older brother, well, he radiates his faith and loves being out on his land. He has built a small home for himself outside Lawton...very simple and just enjoys being with family and friends.

As for me, I am still waiting for my luggage which went somewhere else! So I have no camera, no phone charger and last but not least no clothes!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Wow, I miss Oklahoma. Give everyone big kisses from way over here in London. I love them so...you need to show Arthur our blogs!

Be safe mom!

Unknown said...

Oh, Alice, you poor girl. Well, you may be lacking clothes and such, but you're not lacking the love of your wonderful family and Heavenly Father! Isn't that all you need? Well, maybe some food and water would be nice? What food specialties are in OK? Very beautiful photo. Hope your luggage finds you soon. Tim

Anna said...

I am not sure how my mom would answer bbut my favorite food specialty out of Lawton, OK is Waynes Drive-In....how long has it been there mom? I am craving that ever since you told me you were going there! :)

Bill said...

LIKE YOUR BLOG. THE PICTURE LOOKS STRANGELY FAMILIAR, IS IT MT.SCOTT? OR MAYBE THE BACKDROP FROM AN OLD LONE RANGER MOVIE. GLAD EVERYONE'S DOING WELL. MISS YOU. . . LOVE, Bill